Good bye, my friend

Left to right: Andy, Monica, Roger


Roger, I will never forget the first ski night. You and Andy were such a great team. You were the first men who shared skiing with me. Thank you, my friend for giving me the experience of freedom first.  Flying down that hill at top speed (well maybe a little slower!!) with you and Andy, it felt like I didn't have a disability.

You saw me for who I was. You never focused on the negative. You were always positive. Some of my favourite memories are when the three of us were on the chair lift together and you would tease Andy and I about this or that...and yes I know we teased back! You took it so well!!! Did you ever get an air-conditioned bathing suit to go with your heated coat?!!

Roger you didn't just stay a skiing friend.  You came to my show with Propeller Dance the year we were at the Shenkman Arts Center in Orleans. It meant so much to me that you thought I was worth the ticket price and the long drive to Orleans. I remember the smile that filled me when I saw you and Andy in the audience.

Over the years, Roger, you have been a very important person in my life. You introduced me to a form of physical freedom, you've supported my career, and you were there when I got Cyrus, my beloved dog. I have so many memories of you, memories that will never fade.

 Roger, you were like a fun-loving uncle to me over the years.

Good bye, my friend. The memories I have of you will live on. 

Roger Perry 1959-2014




Comments

  1. As always Monica this is a beautifully thought and written farewell to Roger.
    Why are you saying farewell to Roger there must be a actual purpose for this farewell..
    Please let me know would you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,
    This is a lovely message to Roger. I am glad that he and Andy were able to spend time with you and play a part in helping you to find your wings. I am also happy that Roger connected me to you. This is my first visit to your blog but it will certainly not be my last. Thank you for sharing Monica!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A blurry photo

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"