Merry Christmas

I have been thinking a lot about Christmas over the last few years. Now before you read further, I need you to know I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the trees, the garlands, the lights, I love the excitement that fills the house Christmas morning and watching my family open their gifts.

As I get older however, I've come to realize that Christmas goes far beyond these things. As a child I had a book called The Legend Of The Christmas Tree. In this story, a Dad is frustrated with Christmas, just wanting the true meaning of the holiday; not all the add-ons. The family tradition is to go get a tree at a tree farm. While at the farm, the tree farmer tells them The Legend Of The Christmas Tree. 

The Christmas tree has tree points (most real ones anyway) this symbolizes the Trinity -Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  Evergreens were chosen to symbolize the unchangingness of God. The lights get strung around the tree and now-a-days outside to symbolize that Jesus came into this dark world as a Light.

As a Man, Jesus called Himself the Light of the World. Now that He is in Heaven, He calls us to do that job for Him. In Matt 5:14-16 Jesus says, "'You are the light of the world . A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.'"

Christmas is when we celebrate when the Light came into the darkness.So although I still love the trees, and lights, and gifts that goes along with Christmas, my hope and prayer is that one day our world would embrace the Baby that was born, to die for us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A blurry photo

Good bye, my friend

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"