God's will

Have you ever wondered what your life would like if you had done things differently? What would you be doing if you'd gotten a different college degree? What would life be like if you married someone else? On and on.

I often ask myself questions like these. What would my life be like if the trauma hadn't happened? Would I have gone to college/university? Would I enjoy dance the way I do? Would I be as close as I am to my family, both immediate and extended? Would I have the time I have to spend with my 10 year old sister? Would she even know me?

The reality is I have a handicap. I'm in a wheelchair. God has allowed this to happen for a purpose. We do not know what His exact purpose is, but I am content. I have a wonderful family, I have had and have fabulous workers, I have been given remarkable opportunities with work including being chosen to choreograph a dance that had it's first showing last Spring. (See A Choreographer's Story for details on this.)

The things that I am doing now, the people that are in my life now; they may never have been a part of my life had the trauma I had at 14 months old never happened. God allowed this to happen to me for a reason, His Reason. Even though it is hard sometimes to need as much help as I do to do the simplest tasks such as making food or even cutting it up; these things that  I can't do, or at least can't do very well, don't really bother me. I have seen God use my disability to put me in the places He wants me to be, so I can be who He wants me to be, to the people He brings me in contact with.

I believe it's ok to sometimes ask questions, but if we let those questions consume us, we might miss something important. Life is a gift. I want to use mine doing the things God wants, touching the people He wants me to touch, reaching out with His arms to those that don't yet know Him.



Comments

  1. Monica, thank you for once again bringing fresh perspective to life. Contentment is such a rare thing these days. I love that you can have questions without allowing them to keep you from moving forward and embracing all that you were created for. Once again you've inspired me. Thank you. ~Chuck

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"