A solo adventure part 4




 RIPLEY'S!!! My plans fell through for Sunday, but the train still didn't leave until 2:30 that afternoon. We had a day, and I had an idea. Why don't we go to the aquarium? My friend readily agreed. She'd wanted to go there anyway, and it was hot. Perfect.

So, we decided to go to the train station and put our bags in storage for the day, as walking around with suitcases and stuff gets tiring after a while and might look a little strange at the aquarium.


My parents and sister had come to Toronto last August for a mini vacation while I stayed home to see if with the support team I had at the time I could manage longer trips in the future. I had never been to the aquarium, so this promised to be fun.

As we walked through the various rooms set up with tanks of fish and other creatures from around the world we couldn't help but marvel at the beauty  of God's under-water creation - a part which we don't often see.

Wait a minute, is that a moving walkway? It was, and it looked like it could hold the chair, so on we went. At first I had images of breaking the thing with my 400 pound wheelchair, but we moved smoothly along. Every now and then I had to turn the chair as the walkway turned a corner but the chair was left rubbing the wall. There were also these disc-like things built into the walkway, these turned as the walkway moved, presumably so the people standing on it didn't have to keep turning. This was quite interesting to try and work around. But this moving walkway wound it's way by some very beautiful tanks, I wasn't to consumed with adjusting my chair to notice and point out some of the animals we passed.




After walking through the rest of the aquarium,and stopping for lunch, it was time to head to the train station. The train station is actually connected to Ripley's Aquarium by a sky walk. so, after a quick stop at the gift shop, we headed back. My colleague/friend/train companion met us at the train station. After sorting out a minor ticket problem and they'd assisted preparing me for the long journey home it was time to say goodbye.

The train ride home was an hour longer than predicted due to a derailment the previous day...but even that was forgotten as I rolled off the train to be greeted by:

The Worlds Happiest Dog!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Genesis 1:21 Do you think the Aquarium's builders had any idea they were creating a place for the world to see the results of Day 5! How magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo