The Word.


 I don't usually look forward to vacation...except if I’m going somewhere new, like our trip to Kentucky last year, or our trip out East. But I am excited about my vacation this year.

This year, I’m spending a week at a Creation Ministries Conference. I'm not sure what it'll look like exactly but I'm excited for it.

When we went to the Creation Museum in Kentucky last year, I felt an excitement for the Word of God I have never felt before. I think this is because it was in my face all day every day. We talked about it at breakfast, we saw the evidence and history of it and teachings of it throughout the day at the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter, and we discussed His Word at dinner and before bed. I woke up thinking of Him!  It was like Deuteronomy 6:9 acted out! I came away with a new confidence in God and ability to stand on His Word because of this.

On the other hand, I also came away with a new sadness. It is a sadness for fellow Christians who are not able to believe the truth of all Scripture.

There is an increasing trend now to warp Scripture to make it fit the secular worldview...whether it be (theistic) evolution, homosexual marriage, gender identity, premarital sex, abortion, marriage after divorce… The list goes on.

Here is a quote from Barna who does extensive research: “The vast majority of Christians do not behave any differently than non-Christians because they do not think any differently. They do not think differently because they are not trained, equipped, or held accountable to do so.”

I'm excited for our holiday this year because I hope it will give me more of what I got in Kentucky; more fire for the Word of God. More purpose "so I am ready to give an answer for the hope I have." (1 Peter 3:15), to Christians and non-Christians alike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"

Fact or fantasy - how big was it?

A solo adventure part 3