Fact or fantasy - worldwide or local

The flood of Noah's day was a pretty huge event.  In my last post, Fact or fantasy -how big was it?  I talked about the common misinterpretation of how the ark  was built and it's size. This week, we're going to look at another of these common misinterpretations. The flood itself.


In Genesis 7:4 and 17 - 23 it says: ""Seven days from now I'll send rain on the earth for 40 days and 40 nights, and I'll destroy every living creature that I've made."... Every living thing on earth died flying creatures, livestock, wildlife, all creatures that swarm over the earth, and all human beings. Everything that breathed and everything that had lived on dry land died. All existing creatures that had lived on the surface of the ground were annihilated, from humans to livestock, from crawling creatures to birds of the sky. They were wiped off the earth. Only Noah remained, along with those who were with him in the ark. The flood waters surged over the earth for 150 days."

If there really was a worldwide, catastrophic flood, what would you expect to find? I would expect to find canyons created by not by a slow trickle of water over billions of years but by masses of water breaking the earth in a matter of days. I'd expect there to be marine fossils on top of mountain tops. I'd expect archeologists to be digging up billions of dead things buried in rock layers all over the earth. And that is what's happening. God is confirming His Word over and over again.

In my last post I promised you all a surprise at the end of this  post. To listen to that surprise now  click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"