Challenge that produses trust


For the last many months, I  have been mourning the loss of my PSW (personal support worker.) When someone works closely with you day after day, it is hard not to become friends. We share stories and life.  Over the year she was caring for me I grew to trust her.

But here's the thing, she was one of many workers over the last four years who has left after a short period of time. And like with the others, I asked God a very simple question "Why?"  why just as trust and friendship develops, do they leave to go on to other jobs, studies or careers? Through this and many other losses, God is teaching me that change is good, and to trust Him in it all. 

Does it still hurt? Of course it does. Do I miss her? Absolutely. But I am slowly learning to see everything God choreographs into my life as good. It doesn't always feel that way. Sometimes I wish He would allow one or two workers to stay for a few years.  But it seems that God likes to choreograph challenge and change into my life so I have to trust Him and Him alone. Well, at least trust Him more than people. I'm sometimes not a very good student, but the Choreographer is always patient and will pick me up and we'll try again.

There's a quote I like by Billy Graham that states "Mountain tops are for views and inspiration, but fruit is grown in the valleys."



Comments

  1. WOW you did it again, delivering a message I needed to hear when I was struggling with trust. Thank you so much. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica. This issue of trust is at the very heart of our walk with God, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A blurry photo

Good bye, my friend

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"