Life 05

This month has been very exciting and full.

My writing lessons started at the beginning of June. They're better than I could've ever imagined. I am learning about characters, and plots, and story structure. The best part of this is that by the end of the summer I will have a short story that's ready for publication!!  I am having fun and am excited to have a story in my hands. When it's done, it will be the first creative writing project I've finished since my high school.

When I'm not writing, I'm still dancing. The company filmed one of our repertoire pieces last week. We all worked really hard and had so much fun to remounting this piece we did about 3 years ago. There were some changes to the cast, however we did our best to keep the piece the same. I feel very proud after the week this week of all the work the company has done and how we all rose to the challenges that seem to always come up in process. 

Also, on the work front, there are two more works-in progress we are pleased to add to the repertoire.  My boss has created a piece with some community dancers and my colleague Rob has done an enormous amount of research and has rediscovered his Wendate Huron heritage. Both pieces were woven together with so much thought and love and as I sat in the audience for the first time in about 10 year, I felt an enormous surge of pride not only in these two choreographers, who have become so dear to me over the last 10 years, but in being a part of this remarkable group, and not just the company, but the organization at large.  It truly is a wonderful place to work and the love and support we all have for each other was tangible.  

 Summer is here and though it will be a time of rest for me from work, I'm still planning to keep busy with lots of new and wonderful projects and activities as God directs. I can't wait to update you on these next month!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo