A question

Last week my French teacher asked me a question. "Looking at your life up to this point, what thing amazes you the most?" (Monica paraphrase)  As we do each week, he sent it to me by email and gave me the week to think about it.

There are a couple things  I could have answered with, and all would have been equally valid and true. My answer, however, was simple. "I'm alive." I don't think my teacher was expecting that answer.

But it's true and it's amazing and it's God.

I mean, come on. Even the doctors and nurses who saw me in the hospital say I shouldn't be alive, shouldn't know my parents, shouldn't be doing ANY of what I'm doing today.

It will be 24 years in June since the trauma that turned our lives, my life upside down. Do I wish that it had never happened? No, not really. Sometimes I do wish my body would do what it's meant to, but honestly I have rubbed shoulders with people who I never would have met otherwise.

I am happy with life, even in this because I know God has a plan and a purpose for me. 

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." 
Ephesians 2:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"