A solution

I hate change. Anyone who know me well is probably laughing right now at the truth of that statement. Things have been changing at an incredibly high speed around here for the last while.

My grandparents are downsizing and getting rid of stuff. They gave my sister a new bed from their place, in turn my sister's bed became my bed to replace my hospital bed that was falling apart. (Literally.)  I just got a new chair too.

This bed that my sister passed on to me used to be my bed before my Granny gave me the hospital bed after her friend passed away years ago. When we used the bed before, I was younger and lighter, I would park my chair in the corner and my Dad would just lift me into bed. Now, I'm too big for that.

We were having problems transferring to this bed as my chair couldn't get close enough to the bed as a result there was a gap between the bed and the chair that made me feel unsafe transferring, which in turn led to my orientation flying off to never never land, which in turn led to uncontrollable emotion.

Something had to be done. One day my mother and I went into my room after lunch to try to figure this out. Mom started by saying a simple prayer. Then she got an idea. A few years ago we had purchased a "transfer board," a flat, slippery piece of wood basically.

Who would have thought of an answer so simple? No one but God. We had all completely forgotten the thing in the corner of my room but God reminded Mom of it. The result has been much happier transfers to bed.

Although I still have trouble dealing with change, God is always faithful and He provides.


"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
James 1:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"