Puppy

Puppy

Excitement in every vein
Questions come again and again
“What will he be like?”
I have a name but not the face
Of the puppy that will soon be mine

The family gathers
To meet and welcome the newest member.
Sister standing on the stairs,
In excitement, she is there
Ready to greet the new puppy

You are in and you are here
You chased our three cats now hiding clear.
Training fast and hard and long,
It’s a journey we are on
Together with puppy.

On day three you came to stay
I wondered if I was ready to say welcome to my puppy
Mother kneeling in front of you
“Welcome Cyrus. Welcome home, little puppy”
Together we welcomed my beautiful puppy

Friends and family gathered round
To support and to look down at you, my new puppy.
Grandma and Grandpa came to stay
To help until we were ready to say
He’s mine, my prized puppy.

Through the years I've grown to trust
Your gentle paws and tongue
And when I feel you in the night
Your collar jingles oh so light
It is the comforting sound of my sweet puppy

Before you came I wanted a dog
Wanted the love that you would give
Now that I have you
I know that I was not wrong
For nothing compares to the love of my precious puppy

By: Monica Hoffman
Age: 26
Dedicated to: Cyrus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why "Choreographer's Cuisine?"

Good bye, my friend

A blurry photo